Business Analyst (State Govt.)
Performs senior-level business/systems analysis work. Uses best practices in business analysis and process modeling. Must be able to apply analytical skills to various business and technical processes. Works under the direction of the Business Analysis Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with end users, project management office, application development, quality control, security and operations areas to determine best solution to user requests for services.
- Identify and resolve issues and risks associated with approved projects.
- Provide guidance to end users on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve objectives.
- Identify and implement business analysis, process modeling, and data modeling best practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs related work as assigned.
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in management information systems or business is preferred.
- Five years experience gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements/processes and transforming these requirements into functional requirement specifications.
- Three years as a liaison between functional and technical teams.
- Three years experience in systems analysis and process design.
- Three years experience defining web-enabled applications.
- Experience and/or knowledge of MS Sharepoint technologies.
- Experience in a wide range of business environments including business consulting experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to obtain and sustain the cooperation of others.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex issues and propose solutions.
- Ability to analyze systems and procedures.
- Ability to write and revise standards and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all management levels and to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to understand the each division’s business processes and their dependencies.
- Knowledge of business analysis procedures, business process modeling and design, requirements and process modeling tools, and meeting facilitation.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to present a professional image and demeanor to internal and external contacts.