IBM Cognos Administrator
LOCATION: ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN, CONTRACT TO HIRE AFTER 6 MONTHS, GREEN CARDS US CITIZENS ONLY
"Perform the tasks required to maintain the Advantage Suite product and it's associated products in the ASP environment.
- Develop detailed system installation plan and identify ownership of all tasks and deliverables prior to project kick-off.
- Coordinate technical resources as needed.
- Drive installation of system and documentation - all hardware, software, communications, system configurations and unique operating procedures.
- Assist in the the on-going maintenance (including upgrades) and troubleshooting of various systems and products
- Run and monitor various batch process related to product delivery
- Develop and deliver technical training and related documentation.
- Coordinate post installation support with Product Support.
- Participate in after hours/weekends on call rotation"
REQUIRED Skills and Experience (must have) ( include associated number of years):
-3-5 years of Cognos Administration
-3-5 years of processor related experience in an UNIX (IBM AIX/Sun Solaris/Linux) production environment.
-Communication skills, written and oral; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels in the organization.
-Project and personal time management skills that enable the individual to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; includes managing tasks within the established budget.
-Detail-oriented with good organizational skills; ability to deal with a fast paced production environment.
Logical/technical mindset and problem solving skills that enable to understand various processes and work within and around them and to understand, identify, and resolve problems in the process.
-Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
-Working knowledge pertaining to computer hardware, communications, and software competency, including UNIX and Windows platforms, DBMS applications such as Oracle, Teradata and DB2, Microsoft Office products, SQL, and scripting languages such as perl, UNIX Korn Shell etc.
PREFERRED Skills and Experience:
-Client /server database experience in a Windows environment.
--Experience navigating Unix type systems via the command line interface
-Experience with Oracle or SQL server
FULL ADDRESS WHERE YOU LIVE NOW:
Please list the name of your Corporation & Full Address if going CTC:
Hourly Rate All Inclusive(1099, Corp to Corp):
- SUMMARY OF WHY YOU FIT THIS ROLE , BE SPECIFIC:
(Please add anything you can that will help sell you to the MGR for this role based on the specs)