Plant Engineer I
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for an entry-level Plant Engineer for Comanche Station, located in Pueblo, CO.
Entry level position designed to develop plant engineering knowledge, abilities and skills. Under direct supervision plans, develops and coordinates engineering projects. Provides engineering support for facility modifications for operations and maintenance activities as a technical resource. Provide system engineering and technical support to maximize plant reliability, efficiency, safety and regulatory compliance. This position's responsibilities are generally 80% improving operations and reducing maintenance costs, and 20% assisting with capital and maintenance projects.
- Designs systems or system modifications to maximize plant reliability, efficiency, safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provides technical assistance on system related problems, trouble shoot system problems, assess equipment condition and coordinate corrective maintenance work on equipment.
- Develop and manage minor capital and O&M projects with supervision. Develop and review equipment specifications. Develop detailed engineering and accurate cost estimates of technical projects. Administer project controls including but not limited to safety, budgetary, scheduling, inspections, testing, contractor oversight and design changes.
- Assist with technical root cause analysis, failure trend technical reviews and review component performance trending.
- Evaluate system/component performance. Perform equipment testing and inspections. Develop and implement improvement plan. Responsible for proper spare parts identification, maintenance requirements and setting up preventative maintenance schedule.
- Provide technical input to plant financial analyst to ensure the financial analysis is complete and accurate.
- Provide detail and justification for multi-year budgets and outage work plans.
- Responsible for ensuring plant systems are properly documented including: drawings, system descriptions, procedures and records. Support systems training on operating and maintenance procedures.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum (equivalency to an ABET accredited degree would be recognized by ABET as having "substantial equivalency" or through a "mutual recognized agreement")
- Ability to perform physical activities under any weather conditions and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Physical requirements associated with activities include, but are not limited to; climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, keyboarding, standing, kneeling, walking, sitting and lifting