"Perform the tasks required to maintain the Advantage Suite product and its associated products in the ASP environment.
- Develop detailed system installation plan and identify ownership of all tasks and deliverables prior to project kick-off.
- Coordinate technical resources as needed.
- Drive installation of system and documentation - all hardware, software, communications, system configurations and unique operating procedures.
- Assist in the on-going maintenance (including upgrades) and troubleshooting of various systems and products
- Run and monitor various batch process related to product delivery
- Develop and deliver technical training and related documentation.
- Coordinate post installation support with Product Support.
- Participate in after-hours/weekends on call rotation"
-Design/Perform tasks related to database updates and installs for multiple platforms (Advantage suite, NetEffect, Profiling).
-Design/Perform procedural setup, investigative, quality assurance and testing steps of database construction.
-Perform routine and/or special maintenance for application support/auxiliary file changes, file moves, and special or 'fix' job processing.
-Perform file maintenance, testing & release of new/modified programs.
-Create and maintain processing documentation for each platform.
-Create process improvements to streamline the processing tasks, including running pre-defined scripts and writing new scripts to improve process.
-Provide status updates to various teams involved with account teams.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience (must have) ( include associated number of years):
-3-5 years of Cognos Administration
-3-5 years of processor related experience in an UNIX (IBM AIX/Sun Solaris/Linux) production environment.
-Communication skills, written and oral; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels in the organization.
-Project and personal time management skills that enable the individual to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; includes managing tasks within the established budget.
-Detail-oriented with good organizational skills; ability to deal with a fast paced production environment.
Logical/technical mindset and problem solving skills that enable to understand various processes and work within and around them and to understand, identify, and resolve problems in the process.
-Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
-Working knowledge pertaining to computer hardware, communications, and software competency, including UNIX and Windows platforms, DBMS applications such as Oracle, Teradata and DB2, Microsoft Office products, SQL, and scripting languages such as perl, UNIX Korn Shell etc.
PREFERRED Skills and Experience:
-Client /server database experience in a Windows environment.
--Experience navigating Unix type systems via the command line interface
-Experience with Oracle or SQL server
REQUIREMENTS: Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
* JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
*SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.