Real Estate Dealmaker
Dallimore & Co. posted over 5 years ago
FullTime | New York, NY, United States
Real Estate – East Coast
Dallimore & Co. is seeking a highly motivated experienced real estate professional to join its real estate team. The successful candidate must be client-service oriented, highly organized, proactive, seeks accuracy, is able to progress transactions through to completion while meeting clients’ financial targets in brand-appropriate locations. This is a full-time position and having an NYC-based person is preferred, but may not be required. Travel may be required 30-40% of the time, on average.
Dallimore & Co. is a boutique advisory firm based in New York, offering strategic consulting and expansion services to specialty retailers and emerging brands. We offer a comprehensive set of services for our clients that addresses each stage of a retailer’s development. Our advice is built on extensive operating experience in the retail sector leading national expansions and strategic initiatives for a number of successful specialty brands. To learn more about Dallimore & Co., please visit www.dallimoreco.com.
This role is critical to meeting our clients’ goals in the expansion of their retail business and will be highly focused on the East Coast, and across multiple brands. This role will work as a member of the real estate team made up of Simon Dallimore, Jana Koeberle and other staff.
- Clearly and accurately assess markets for a variety of brands
- When appropriate, initiate, negotiate and complete real estate transactions as appropriate with the clients’ strategy and timing; meeting the clients’ financial targets and in brand-appropriate locations.
- Develop and actively manage multiple broker relationships to ensure early access to street locations before they hit market or in early stages of marketing. The New York City street intelligence is of utmost priority, though there will be several markets to track and broker relationships to manage.
- Develop and maintain updated and accurate proforma for each transaction.
- Oversee the development, accuracy and timeliness of all client-review submissions relating to transactions handled by this position or others in the NY office.
- Work with all client counterparts to meet their needs on construction documentation, access to space, facilitating questions or information in order to complete a transaction.
- Travel may account for roughly 30-40% of hours, though this will vary.
- Input to client strategy, market focus, site selection and other client recommendations.
- This is an entrepreneurial and growing business. The ability and willingness to contribute to all facets of the business as needed is critical.
- Experience working for a retailer(s) as a real estate representative and working both street and shopping center transactions is preferred.
- Financially savvy in developing business case with full P&L and requisite analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. This person will interact over the phone and in person with clients and various business partners. Phone and writing skills are critical.
- Ability to accurately assess a market and determine a point of view regarding appropriate locations for a variety of brands that have a variety of different target consumers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the demands of the business.
- Proven problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to issues and planning.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint with experience in creating PowerPoint decks for professional use.
- Passion for the business of retail, retail strategy and real estate.
- Desire to get it right
- Attention to detail
- Financially and brand literate
- Excellent team skills
- Client-service perspective
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary (starting salary depends on experience)
- Annual Bonus
- Paid vacation and holidays for full-time employees
- Medical and dental benefits for full-time employees
- Career growth opportunities