Hardware Design Engineer
Ixia Solutions, including the recently acquired BreakingPoint and Anue Systems products are services, accelerate, secure, and scale application delivery to guarantee the always-on user experience. Whether through real-time monitoring or real-world testing, Ixia solutions provide organizations with complete insight into user behavior, security vulnerabilities, network capacity, application performance, and IT resiliency. To make these advanced technologies, our company fosters creativity, encourages innovation, and rewards self-motivation and hard work. Our employees use their passion for excellence to help solve our customers' toughest challenges.
Join the Ixia team and be a part of the future!
Ixia operates facilities around the globe, with many employment opportunities. Ixia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Anue Systems is looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to contribute to our high speed and complex designs. Candidates joining our team will have great impact and help drive Anue's success. This person will lead design specifications, and work with our engineers to implement the specification all the way to delivery of product. The candidate will also work on post-production issues and will implement changes to improve design yield and performance. This person will be an integral team member to a small but well respected and dynamic team and will help drive Anue's success.
Lead design specifications and work with other engineers to implement the specification all the way to delivery of product
Work on post-production issues and implement changes to improve design yield and performance
Participate as an integral team member to design solutions to solve problems in a collaborative environment
* Extensive experience with high speed digital design and signal integrity techniques for single-ended and differential signals, including controlled impedance transmission lines, termination and crosstalk.
* Experience with EMI design guidance, and proven ability to meet Class A FCC requirements.
* Extensive experience with high density, high layer count printed circuit board designs using find pitch BGA devices.
* Proven ability to debug and bring up complex boards using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, including looking at eye diagrams for high speed signals.
* Strong knowledge of scripting and automation languages such as Perl/Tcl/Make is required.
* Experience with high performance embedded processors and other complex IC platforms is required.
* Understanding of switching power supplies, and digital logic is required.
* Hands on experience with Cadence Allegro and Concept is strongly desired.
* Understanding of system concepts like jitter, wander, and phase noise, as well as their measurements is desired.
* Experience with digital signal processing techniques, MATLAB, mixed signal components, phase locked is desired.
* Knowledge of DFM, DFA, and DFT is a plus.
* Knowledge of FPGA/Verilog language and RTL design is a plus.
* B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering with 7 to 10 years relevant experience is required. MSEE is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to work ins small teams is required.
* In- depth understanding of TCP/IP, Ethernet protocols and a general understanding of other networking protocols is required.
* Directly relevant industry experience is required.
* Must be self-motivated, highly enthusiastic, and a team player with strong analytical skills