Daman, Inc posted about 5 years ago
Contract | Staffing Agency | | 2000 Hours Austin, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in Oracle 10g and 11g Versions
- Manage database health, backups, space management at database and server level by proactively monitoring the database systems to ensure availability, scalability and performance.
- Identify Business Critical alerts from all production databases and find a root cause and solution.
- Patching oracle database and grid agents in rac and non-rac when needed.
- Ensure availability and performance of Oracle databases (OLTP and Data Warehouse servers and processes)
- Provide trend analysis to enable informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Improve and maintain the databases to include rollouts and upgrades.
- Assist the DW development team in modeling, performance tuning and release management
- Proven Oracle Database Administration experience using versions Oracle 9i and 10G.
- Extensive programming background in SQL, PL/SQL and other scripting languages.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Custom Data warehouse experience.
- Oracle Certification (OCM).