- Are you serious about linux systems?
- Are you willing to work 60 plus hours a week?
We are looking for someone who has done analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of Linux based server issues. A person who can create, test, deploy, and maintain packages, batch files, and scripts for the OS environment. Also is able to identify opportunities for optimization in order to reduce latency and increase efficiency. This person must manage move, add, and change requests and configuration as needed. They will liaise with internal technology groups and vendors as necessary to deliver optimum solutions all while assisting in developing long-term infrastructure strategies and capacity planning to meet future platform infrastructure needs.
- 5+ Years + background in Linux Administration
- Kernel tuning experience
- Strong understanding of networking and network topology
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services including NFS, DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, NTP
- Knowledge of kickstart, puppet, yum, git, svn
- Strong scripting ability (bash, perl, python, etc.)
- Experience with BIOS configuration
- Problem solving and strategic thinker
- Self-motivated and proactive; strong organization and time management
- Able to manage multiple streams of communication (i.e., email, chat room, and in person)
- Must have high tolerance for continually shifting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate work with various teams and vendors in addition to daily production support activities
- Understanding of what milli-, nano-, and micro-seconds are and why they’re important