Software Engineer - Strategy
Virtu Financial posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | Austin, TX, United States
- Do you want to work where Finance and Technology come together?
- Are you good with object oriented progamming languages?
- Do you want to work with smart people in a great environment?
Our strategy development team is a highly focused group of extremely talented engineers. Their primary responsibility is to code innovative trading technology by developing and perfecting proprietary trading algorithms running on our high-performance, electronic trading platform. Responsibilities include improving the scalability, performance and efficiency of existing strategies, as well as collaborating with Trading Analysts code new strategies.
- Strength in core JAVA programming: 3+ years of experience.
- Strong mathematical aptitude; background in math, physics, or statistics is a plus.
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.
- Interest in trading and financial markets.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required.