Sr. BI Architect
Sr. Business Intelligence Architect in Austin, TX. Our client, who is located in Central Austin, develops BI software for retailers and supports over 35,000 retail locations worldwide.
“Meat and Potatoes”
- Ability to do SQL query (SQL server); write T-SQL (Stored procedures); IBM Cognos (Cognos Framework Mgr & Report Studio); report/dashboard development
On a daily basis, this person will be responsible to create and maintain the analytics and decision-support content that their customers and staff use for decision support and performance measurement, along with the underlying data models/schemas needed to render the content accurately and in a timely fashion. You will also design new reports and dashboards, and will architect the ETL design and data models to support these reports using a variety of databases and other data sources.
- Design/implement a scalable retail OLAP data model, ETL architecture, and report framework
- Design/communicate/enforce standards
- Implement strong Business Intelligence processes throughout the organization
- Troubleshoot/diagnose performance issues
- Performance tuning and query optimization
- Perform tasks such as Cognos tool administration, optimization of queries, security/access control, internationalization, scalability, high availability, online diagnostics, production support and other enterprise software assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with Cognos and data modeling.
- Strong proficiency on Cognos architecture/report development/administration.
- Skilled with Microsoft technologies (SSAS, SSRS, DTS, SSIS, .NET)
- Strong ETL skills
- Strong data modeling skills
- Experience with large database applications (multiple terabytes)
- Working knowledge with XML
- Ability to design and implement enterprise database solutions
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes, and technology