Sr. BI Architect
Mdi Group posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | $125,000 | Austin, TX
Sr. Business Intelligence Architect in Austin, TX. Our client, who is located in Central Austin, develops BI software for retailers and supports over 35,000 retail locations worldwide.
“Meat and Potatoes”
- Ability to do SQL query (SQL server); write T-SQL (Stored procedures); IBM Cognos (Cognos Framework Mgr & Report Studio); report/dashboard development
On a daily basis, this person will be responsible to create and maintain the analytics and decision-support content that their customers and staff use for decision support and performance measurement, along with the underlying data models/schemas needed to render the content accurately and in a timely fashion. You will also design new reports and dashboards, and will architect the ETL design and data models to support these reports using a variety of databases and other data sources.
- Design/implement a scalable retail OLAP data model, ETL architecture, and report framework
- Design/communicate/enforce standards
- Implement strong Business Intelligence processes throughout the organization
- Troubleshoot/diagnose performance issues
- Performance tuning and query optimization
- Perform tasks such as Cognos tool administration, optimization of queries, security/access control, internationalization, scalability, high availability, online diagnostics, production support and other enterprise software assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience with Cognos and data modeling.
- Strong proficiency on Cognos architecture/report development/administration.
- Skilled with Microsoft technologies (SSAS, SSRS, DTS, SSIS, .NET)
- Strong ETL skills
- Strong data modeling skills
- Experience with large database applications (multiple terabytes)
- Working knowledge with XML
- Ability to design and implement enterprise database solutions
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes, and technology