Frontend Web Developer
Location: New York City - Manhattan
Our client provides the building blocks to create customizable and scalable digital eyewear business applications.
The client has created the first wearable platform that accelerates the development of cloud-based digital eyewear applications. Their development environment allows them to build applications that integrate with enterprise backend services and a variety of API plug-ins. These capabilities enhance the user experience for the deskless workers that utilize their applications. The client is looking for out-of-the-box thinkers -- those creative individuals that can help us build a new and improved workplace environment. As a wearable first company, they are looking for futurists with a passion for optimizing the way things are, the vision to see the way things should be, and the ability to build that future now. They are looking for entrepreneurial individuals that want to get their hands dirty building out their dreams by tackling tough problems in computer vision, OpenGL, machine learning, and wireless sensors
- Crafting an elegant UX; write tests; keep current on frontend landscape and discuss advantages for client's UX
- Invent new ways to push deployments to a server running on Digital Eyewear Devices (Google Glass, Vuzix, Epson, Recon, Meta, etc.)
- Help design the overall UX architecture and own it !
- Work closely with the web backend and digital eyewear engineers
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years web development/ UX / SASS experience, fueled by love of pixel-perfect design and smooth transitions
- Solely responsible for frontend architecture and UX ; picked different languages, framework, and techniques with ease
- Can pick different languages, frameworks, and techniques with ease
- MVC frameworks come naturally to you; has strong opinions about Ember.js, Backbone.js, Knockout.js
- Experienced with tools like Grunt.js or Gulp.js to automate JS concatenation and compression
- Have options about JQuery (handy but bloated and can discuss alternatives
- Must write BDD tests and able to sleep at night knowing the build is good and strong
- Experienced in WebGL, OpenGL, Canvas, D3
- Can test workflows with Phantom.js, Buster, Jasmine, or similar tools
- Wants to modernizr your microjs.com frameworks
- Can explain the difference between Angular.js, Backjone.js and Ember.js
- Will Jam your way through with Bower/Ender or another JS automation tool
- Familiar with pair-programming, Agile/Scrum methodologies, or geospatial data
Client is looking for someone who can describe how and with what libraries and tools you would build SquareSpace's or Mailchimp's WYSIWYG components.
Will be asking your option about the differences between JS libraries and tools (Angular, Backbone, Ember, Bower, Ender, Phantom, Buster, Jasmine, etc.)