Associate Director/Data Reporting
Title: Associate Director/Data Reporting (Full Time Position) only GC and Citizens Considered. Bio-tech/Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry experience must have.
Salary:: $140k/year to $155k per year
Start Date: 5/15/2014
# of Openings: 1
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
· Engage in the IT development of Business Intelligence solutions to meet the needs of Commercial Operations and G&A business units.
· Define, develop, and document the Business Intelligence requirements for Commercial and G&A business units, including for the Data Warehouse, Data marts and Reporting/Analytics needs.
· Lead the definition, design and development Specifications for the Data Warehouse, Data marts, Reports, Analytics and KPI's
· Lead the engagement with Partner Service Providers delivering BI solutions to meet our needs.
· As needs evolve over time, design, develop and refine the reports delivered to business units
· Contribute substantially in technical review of DW design and reports with other IT teams and User Acceptance reviews with end-user audience.
· Define, implement, and QA & performance tuning of reports.
· Assist in the establishment of a Data Governance Council and best practices and procedures for BI tools and architecture
· Interface with business and functional teams providing strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Work closely with the platform leads to apply standards and evolve process to ensure solutions abide by best practice principles.
· Complete technical documentation to ensure system is fully documented.
Qualifications and Requirements (degree, certifications, etc. and other requirements):
· 7-10 years minimum experience in the Information Technology field.
· 5+ years of working in Bio-tech/Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry supporting Commercial Operations, Finance, Sales, Customer Service business units meet their Data and Reporting needs.
· 5+ years of Hands-on experience with aspects of the Data Warehouse lifecycle including data analysis, data modeling & design (preferably using STAR schema approach).
· 5+ years of Hands-on experience in building enterprise reports with major professional report building software packages such as SQL Server Reporting Services, Business Objects
· Hands-on experience designing, scripting, and tuning report queries to solve common query and aggregate reporting problems.
· Experienced in enterprise level report deployments, upgrades, conversions and operations.
· Must be experienced in troubleshooting issues, working with vendor support team is required.
· Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Well organized, results oriented and eager to tackle difficult problems
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with field-based and non-technical users
· Good documentation skills, design functional specifications, test scripts, and training documents
· Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related discipline