About MapMyFitness, Inc.:
MapMyFitness, an Under Armour company, is the leader in Connected Fitness – building the world’s largest digital fitness community by providing interactive tools to make fitness social, simple and rewarding. The flagship consumer brands – MapMyRun, MapMyRide, and MapMyWalk – are among the most popular apps on iOS and Android and the cloud-based platform has been supporting millions of users since it launched in 2007. MapMyFitness is an open platform, seamlessly integrating with more than 400 fitness tracking devices, sensors and wearables. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, MapMyFitness has over 100 employees and offers integrated marketing and advertising solutions, premium consumer subscription products, and a SaaS platform that helps partners of any size tap into advanced fitness tracking technology, workout database, nutritional data, calorie calculators, and 160+ million of the best running, cycling and walking routes around the world. For more information visit www.mapmyfitness.com.
You're a professional software engineer. You know computer science regardless of whether you learned it academically, professionally, or by hacking on your own. You explore the breadth of the system and the landscape of available technologies. At the same time, you maintain a laser focus on producing customer value. You crave feedback from your peers and your users. You continually form hypotheses and seek to validate or invalidate them in production by shipping small changes frequently. Your teamwork displays an appreciation for both the spirit and the letter of Agile process. You work hard, and you continually seek ways to work smarter. You gush with optimism without allowing blind spots to prevent you from seeing risks. You avoid the temptation to plagiarize this paragraph as your cover letter. You realize that nobody achieves these ideals, but you try yourself anyway.
- Objective C with the power to grasp and use blocks or grand central dispatch
- iOS (core data, core animation, core graphics)
- Can perform a stirring recitation of Apple's human interface guidelines upon request
- Working with RESTful APIs and JSON is second nature
- 2-500 years of experience
- Test-driven development
- Agile planning and estimation
- Mobile web ninja skills (ie, has scripted a custom gesture using touch events)
- Math whiz, ability to wield noise filters at will
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- SQL, the ability to dig into data
- Testing tools (KIF, OCUnit)
This is a huge opportunity for the right individual to help shape the way health and fitness impacts peoples lives. If you feel you're up for the challenge, send resume, work samples, and your ideas about our products.