Materials Manager, Navision Expert
Pssi posted about 5 years ago
FullTime | $75,000 | Coppell, TX, United States
NAVISION - MATERIALS MANAGER
The following job description is a general outline of essential and common functions related to the performance of your job. All employees are expected as a condition of employment to perform tasks as assigned by management whether included in your job description or not.
This position will lead and direct all facets of materials management including, but not limited to, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management as necessary for JIT materials support to the various production centers. Position must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style of working with all groups, to accomplish shared goals and objectives. This position will manage a team of materials and warehouse staff, providing leadership, direction and business unit development.
- Direct the overall planning, control, procurement, warehousing and movement of materials using systems and logical process standards necessary for the production process that encourage customer on-time delivery objectives.
- Participate and support the sales, inventory and operational planning processes necessary to ensure JIT product availability to meet customer demands.
- Direct, design and implement processes and procedures to effectively manage materials inventory and inventory movement.
- Design and develop a supply chain management system including establishing and cultivating business relationships, formulating plans and negotiating contracts with all vendors to ensure effective inventory pricing and material availability.
- Review, direct and audit inventory balances and processes for all material management categories to ensure strong financial inventory management and alignment with business practices and budgets.
- Coordinate materials management strategies with production line changes and collaborate with management to ensure valid levels of material are available for production teams. Propose and adjust material levels as needed.
- Direct all activities of the warehouse, including logistics, storage, receiving and distribution.
- Direct, design, implement and communicate key departmental metrics for materials management with staff and management as appropriate.
- Coach, develop, train and communicate department staff, provide regular feedback on job performance, employment polices and performance improvements required.
- Direct, design and implement departmental goals, aligned with business plans.
- Direct the material/inventory teams in the tactical processing requirements for new material and approved purchasing levels while managing phased out material to minimize obsolescence.
- Monitor and immediately communicate vendor non-performance issues and defective materials, which impact production quality standards.
- Direct and review preparation, organization and timely completion of ISO 9000 audits, as well as work to continuously develop and maintain high quality systems and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned to further increase overall productivity.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in materials management and distribution/warehousing with demonstrated levels of accomplishment.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a high volume repetitive manufacturing environment.
- Preferred experience with electronics refurbishment industry
- Must have strong Navision experience
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced technology environment
- Critical decision making and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team Builder
- Advanced technical data analysis skills and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MRP Profecient
- Excel Expert
- APICS Certification preferred
- Ability to stand and walk for 80 % to 90% of time.
- Ability to lift 10 – 15 lbs.