Electrical Engineer I
Crane Aerospace & Electronics posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | West Caldwell, NJ
Are you detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled at Engineering design and development? Come to Crane Aerospace & Electronics and use your excellent Engineering skills to design, improve, and deliver the next generation of products in the defense and Space electronics Industry!
We have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer I at our West Caldwell, NJ location.
The Crane Electronics Group Microwave Division has been designing and manufacturing custom Microwave Components, Oscillators and Subsystem products for the more than 30 years and has grown to become the premier designer and manufacturer with its Microwave Integrated Multi-Function Assembly (MFA) products. We are recognized as a market leader in Custom Microwave Products and Services.
Our Microwave Systems Solutions are typically integrated into complex systems and subsystems which require precision frequency generation, conversion and management. We design and manufacture custom microwave products using frequency generation, synthesis and conversion components and assemblies from raw materials to finished products, and produce various integrated packages, including associated control and conditioning electronic assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and analysis of stripline and multilayer microwave circuits and components using ADS software
• Electromagnetic analysis of stripline and multilayer microwave circuits and components using HFSS software
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical specifications and journals, military and space level program flow-down documents
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master's degree a plus.
• 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, with most recent experience in electrical engineering.
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS:
• Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law