Is this position still open?
POSTGRES DBA with GREENPLUM
Ai Staffing Inc posted over 3 years ago
Contract | Staffing Agency | | 800 Hours NY, United States
At this time we are seeking an dynamic self starter for a Big Data Postgres Database Administration expansion position. The ideal candidate will be experienced in all aspects of Postgres administration and supporting data warehouses. Greenplum technology experience a strong plus. You will be responsible for providing expertise in design, implementation, and support current and future database environments and initiatives.
The following will also be a crucial part of your role:
- Proactively evaluating and implementing new technology and solutions to business requirements.
- Researching and creating best practices for the implementation of new Big Data features and solutions to high volume performance issues.
- Helping develop and enhance mechanisms to monitor and control utilization of a Big Data database grid. Experience with providing large scale analytic solutions and financial industry experience a plus.
Responsibilities: Troubleshooting performance issues using postgres and UNIX level commands to gather data. Support cron jobs and shell scripts for database maintenance functions. Create and maintain environment documentation. Create and maintain coding and database design best practices documentation. On call coverage for 24/7 support. Standard administration including ID creation, database creation, database maintenance. Adhere to and provide support for change control process. Familiarity with SOX, ISO and other industry standard audit requirements to ensure solutions designed are audit ready. Guide development teams in best practice for coding and database design. Monitor and maintain backups with retention period clean up. Help architect Big Data solutions and advise on implementation of new technology. Understanding Big Data solutions and the inherent differences with OLTP solutions.
Understanding of HADOOP a plus Requirements:
• 5-7 years of strong experience as a Postgres DBA.
1 -2 year experience in Greenplum
• Strong experience with Data warehouses and analytic solutions.
• Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and configuration in Postgres.
• Familiarity with SOX, ISO and other industry standard audit requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of data backup, recovery, and rollback planning/implementation.
• Understanding of big data solutions and HADOOP a plus.