Is there a cap on the salary? I realize its open but rather difficult to interview without knowing all the necessary requirements.
VP of Marketing
Crain Communications posted over 4 years ago
FullTime | Mountain View, CA, United States
VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING
Help Drive the Growth of an Industry Leading Research Firm on the Cutting Edge of Changes in the Nature of Work and the Workforce.
As a member of the executive team, the Vice President of Marketing will report to the President and lead Staffing Industry Analysts marketing efforts on a global basis. This is a key role in a company that relies on marketing to drive interest in its core research membership business and attendance at its conferences and events.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Working collaboratively as a key executive on the SIA leadership team to develop business strategy, and plan and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for the company’s B2B oriented conferences, events, research and related products.
- Hands on leadership of the development, design, management, and execution of marketing and PR programs for SIA research memberships, including Corporate Membership, CWS Council and other research.
- Leadership in the marketing of events as well as maintaining and growing current events portfolio. The events portfolio includes conferences, webinars, training/certification and other physical and online events.
- Building and developing our proprietary client database and database marketing efforts,
- Driving the overall look and feel of SIA’s brand as presented through our marketing collateral, conference materials, web and email marketing and print products.
- Developing the product marketing strategy for core SIA products.
- Driving expansion of SIA’s outreach and marketing on a global basis, with a particular emphasis in the UK and APAC.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Experienced Marketing Executive – You have a minimum 15+ years of experience in Marketing and Brand Development leadership roles and ideally have specific experience in Research, Publishing, Conferences and Events. You are particularly strong in “productizing” a service offering in a B2B setting.
- Strategic Thinking – You have solid business judgment and analysis skills and are able to help a leadership team build products and strategies that generate long terms success and positive ROI. You are a flexible, creative thinker with good ideas and the ability to execute them in a way that grows both sales and profits. You can easily provide examples where you’ve done it.
- Business to Business Marketing Skills – You have experience marketing in a business to business environment using digital, print and other communication methods.
- Leadership Skills – You have led and developed teams and shown a track record for raising the effectiveness and productivity of your marketing team. You get more done with less and have left behind a trail of happy team members who learned, grew and delivered under your leadership.
- Social media marketing – You have led social media campaigns and are able to grow a brand through a variety of the latest social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Database Marketing – You have built up, managed, grown and improved customer databases and are comfortable managing CRM systems, direct marketing, marketing analytics, database maintenance and list development.
- Writing Experience – You are a solid copy writer and have marketing oriented writing experience targeted at an executive level business audience. You are able to coach, edit and develop other members of your team to improve the overall execution of the team in this area.
- Global Experience – You have worked across borders in marketing and are comfortable driving a marketing team that is increasingly reaching a global audience.
- Communication Skills - You are comfortable interacting with our customers, including CEO’s, top executives, HR and Procurement Managers, to better understand their needs and to drive the growth of our products and services. Internally you communicate clearly, candidly and appropriately across organizational lines and within your own organization. People love working with you and will tell us why.
- Vision – You can see both the forest and the trees and can master the details that need to be delivered in the short term, while keeping the big picture in mind and focusing on the most critical elements for long-term success.
- Execution Oriented – You get the right stuff done day-in and day-out. You meet every deadline. You’ve achieved significant results fast, and you can prove it with hard facts from previous jobs. You can lead when needed and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and contribute on your own when you have to.
- People want to work with you again. They respect you, they trust you and they learn from you. Everyone knows that you’re a problem solver with a positive attitude. Challenges get met when you’re around. You’re comfortable working in a flexible team environment and are eager to lend a hand as needed. You own up to mistakes quickly. You pull your own weight and you do it with a smile. A major plus would be experience in one or more of the following:
- The staffing industry (at either a supplier or buyer of staffing services)
- The HR services industry
- An analyst firm (e.g. Gartner, Corporate Executive Board, IDC, Aberdeen, Forrester, etc.)
- A management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Accenture, etc.)
- Salesforce or netsuite as a CRM system
Staffing Industry Analysts is the global advisor on contingent work. Known for its independent and objective insights, the company's proprietary research, award-winning content, data, support tools, publications, and executive conferences provide a competitive edge to decision-makers who supply and buy temporary staffing. In addition to temporary staffing, Staffing Industry Analysts also covers these related staffing service sectors: third-party placement, outplacement, and staff leasing. Founded in 1989, and acquired by Crain Communications Inc in 2008, the company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with an office in London.
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S., with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a well-established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.
What is the salary range for this position?
I had submitted one candidate Rajshree Chauhan for this position. Please let me know if you are interested to talk to her.
What is the salary range for this position?
I submitted a very good candidate, he hasn't asked what the salary range is but I would like to know the salary and benefits package just in case or another candidate does ask?