Program Manager - Mentoring and Training Project, Northern Mali
Allen Vanguard Counter Threat Solutions posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | Gao, Mali
Allen-Vanguard Counter-Threat Solutions (AVCTS), a multinational training and capacity building organization, is seeking an experienced program manager to lead a deployable EOD-IEDD team for mentoring and training services. This full-time, contingent position will be based in Gao, Mali.
Position Summary: The EOD-IEDD Mentoring and Training Program Manager will manage a team of over 20 highly training EOD-IEDD specialists who will support a United Nations Mine Action Service program to provide aid to the country of Mali for addressing explosive threats. Members of the team will provide continuous training and will deploy on operational activities to 6 locations in northern Mali. The Program Manager will be the primary interface with the customer in-country and will direct AVCTS and its teammates to provide timely, highly quality services. The AVCTS team will be completely self-sufficient and requires a Program Manager who can work autonomously to manage an extensive organization to meet a complex set of requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed plans and schedules, including a program management plan, a staffing plan, a logistic plan, an equipment maintenance plan, and an emergency response plan.
- Plan and coordinate staff assignments and rotations in concert with underlying logistics support activities.
- Manage to cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements, laws and regulations, and corporate policies.
- Establish, maintain, and promote clear lines of communication between all parties, including the customer, corporate management, and subcontractors.
- Report on status through formal written reports and oral briefings.
- Manage risk though the creation and pro-active implementation of a risk plan.
- Manage and promote a quality management plan.
- Establish and maintain a congenial and engaged organizational culture to promote high quality performance and staff satisfaction.
- Documented experience of at least 5 years in project management.
- Three years of experience managing project involved EOD/IEDD mentoring and training.
- Regional experience in Africa.
- Fluent in English.
- Intermediate written and spoken skills in French.
- Ability to balance a complex set of requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to changing customer needs.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Ten years of project management experience.
- Standard project management certification, either PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Training in a formal quality management system
- Experience in technical coordination of EOD/IEDD mentoring and training activities
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Experience in fiscal accountability