Business Liaison - Financial Job
The Business Liaison performs accounting and financial analysis in support of the Regional EV Business Unit. A key role is to be the contact person to the BU for the P&C platform and Corporate Acctg. to address and resolve accounting and systems problems and to implement changes and enhancements. The BL provides financial accounting and business process knowledge. Analysis work can be operational or strategic in nature supporting Manufacturing, Marketing, Logistics, or R&D. This position additionally supports management in monitoring actual performance against prior period or forecast, highlighting input or systems problems, as well as, any areas requiring management attention as well as making recommendations for resolution.
- Assists the BU Controlling in reconciling, analyzing and summarizing monthly BU reporting. Develop and monitor key performance indicators to help measure performance and aid in decision making.
- Assist BU Controlling in the preparation and analysis of annual operating plan and monthly forecast. Forecast monthly variances. Prepare Business Unit or Company Level summary data of these details in conjunction with the BU Controller.
- Works closely with Site Controlling on manufacturing related issues and helps interpret same for BU Controlling
- Monthly review and approval of general ledger account balances. Review with BU Controlling relevant items affecting the BU. Inputs and/or review the input of data base maintenance into the current system (COBALT), clearance accounts, and cost center and account maintenance, and ensure that the data is complete.
- Assists the BU in Financial, Accounting and Controlling procedures, and any other accounting related areas, including systems support.
- Is a key member of the NTF/P accounting team. Provides support to Business Accounting Platform personnel or BU personnel including training, coaching, etc. Also champions new ideas, inspires for excellence and trust, and fosters a team environment.
- Is responsible for following up on accounting and systems issues and problems. Is responsible for verifying the completeness and accuracy of this data ensuring any corrective action is taken in a timely manner.
- Performs other accounting duties as assigned. These tasks will usually involve participation on a special project or team in support of BASF long-term goals.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Must have a Bachelor Degree from accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance
- Must have at least 6 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience.
- Knowledge of internal control techniques and an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS)
- Entrepreneurial spirit – a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Capability to manage diverse and demanding requirements
- Advanced problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and good negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and management to include oral and written presentations
- Ability to develop, analyze, interpret and communicate financial information
- Must have the skills, training and motivation necessary to work independently to accomplish objectives
- Must have the business acumen to drive or support an environment of continuous improvement.
- Previous Site cost accounting/Controlling experience and/or Platform experience strongly desired
- CPA, CMA or MBA strongly desired
- Audit experience
- Previous business accounting experience