Sr. Oracle DBA
Immediate requirement for Oracle DBA guys at CA, need onty locals!!!
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Redwood City, CA
Must Be Local to Bay Area (Face to Face Required)
Must have 8 or more years experience (5 years must be in US)
This role requires a highly driven, organized, and technically dynamic individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to effectively manage the various systems. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the required academic criteria and experience in database administration, convey his or her ability and willingness to work in a team, and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in a professional and friendly manner.
As an individual Lead contributor focusing on enabling employees to be even more successful at their jobs, your role will be to:
· Lead global database team
· Install, maintain, support oracle databases at Informatica
· Work in association with remote teams to make sure the database environments are in good state
· Support, suggest development teams to optimize the performance of the database
· Support as much as possible any database in Informatica
· Handle patching Oracle systems on an monthly basis in Test and Production
· Comply with company change request process
· Follow sox processes and procedures as required
· Comply with Informatica security policies
· Comply with Informatica information sharing policies
· Plan and devise best practices in following areas
o Establish effective database and system administration processes for Oracle environment
o Meet all compliance requirements for user access management
o Effective escalation management
o Work with internal and external partners to coordinate and manage above said activities.
o Quality and timely completion of the activities assigned
· Take on other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 8 years relevant experience with Oracle DB certifications highly preferred.
• Experience in managing large Oracle Database environments including supporting multiple Oracle application instances at a single client
• Extensive experience in managing Oracle databases. Experience in the following database and application versions required (9.x.x.x, 10.x/ 10g/11g R/R2 and E-business 11.5.X and R12). Exposure to Databases migration and upgrades, with experience in installation of Oracle Applications (R12.x.x) on AIX, UNIX, Linux, Windows Platforms including configuring Oracle, Oracle Applications Server, Oracle webdb2.1, Apache on UNIX/AIX and NT platforms required.
• Experience in refreshing Databases, application of quarterly CPU and functional patches for oracle applications; able to perform extensive impact assessment of patches
• Experience in managing system administration activities in one of the ERP platforms.
• Thorough experience & working knowledge with Oracle Database and Oracle Applications primarily on UNIX or AIX Environments
• Extensive experience in performance optimization and tuning, with strong knowledge from an Oracle Application perspective, RMAN.
• Added advantage and preference for experience / exposure in DR, HA, Backup and Recovery, RAC and BPEL Support Experience
• Experience in devising and deploying best practices for enterprise application platforms in system administration and configuration management areas.
• Good understanding of Project or Service Management concepts.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have a strong troubleshooting background, great communication skills, achievement oriented with technical capability and proven ability to learn/adapt quickly.
• Work in 24X7 environment
• Skills in other databases other than oracle such as Mysql, sqlserver, DB2, Teradata are highly desirable
• Skills in SQL Tuning are desirable