Who are we?
Pristine is a venture-backed startup that's raised over $5M that's based out of downtown Austin, TX. We're reshaping the future of blue collar work - starting in healthcare - through Google Glass and other smart glasses.
Pristine is led by a team of executives and board members with deep experience in health IT, medical devices, enterprise technology, operations, marketing, and sales. Coupled with the ethos and innovative spirit of a technology start-up, we've produced a game-changing product that's changing the world, one pair of eyes at a time.
We're looking for a server application engineer who can build on top of our existing infrastructure.
Skills you'll need to succeed:
- 3+ years experience building server side enterprise applications.
- 3+ years experience with NodeJS, Java, and/or Python programming languages.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database technologies such as MongoDB and RethinkDB.
- Experience with REDIS/Elastic Cache
- Experience working with RESTful API architectures.
- Hatred for uncommented/poorly commented code.
- Experience working with the AWS stack.
- Unit test frameworks and test driven development practices.
- Git based workflow with build tools such as GRUNT and GULP with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Agile development practices and feature estimations.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with WebRTC.
- Familiarity with ReThinkDB and Restify.
- A GitHub/BitBucket account with contributions.
- Experience with Docker
In return, we offer:
- An opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most driven people in town; success is infectious.
- An opportunity to pioneer the cutting edge in health IT at a rapidly growing startup,
- Competitive pay + Equity
- 100% covered, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance
- Flexible working hours and casual attire
- Retina Macbook Pro + monitors
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches
Please don't address your cover letter to "hiring manager" or "sir or madam" or "To whom this may concern" or some other generic term. Please address it to Mark. Please write in plain English; robots and copy-pasting are not permitted. We don't care for formal. We want to know that you're an actual person that can think outside of the box.
If you're invited to an interview, please don't suit up. Look decent, but be yourself.
Be prepared to tell us your story.